About Me

My photo
I have been married to a wonderful man for 19 years. We were blessed with 2 beautiful daughters who are now teenagers. I homeschool my children and work full time outside of my home. I recently opened my Home Business

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life's Speed Bumps

When life comes at us with speed bumps and pot holes how do we handle them?  For instance, I was expecting a package to come in.  It was scheduled to be delivered yesterday.  I had everything all planned out...get my package in, sort it, and send out to my customers the things I needed to send out.  Low and behold, I tracked my package about noon and to my surprise I had a message that the delivery may be delayed due to "severe weather conditions".  This really my mind because it was a beautiful, sunny day and 60 degrees!  There wasn't a cloud in the sky...but my package was going to be delayed.  This put a damper on my plans.  So, I went to work doing my things online to promote my business and wouldn't you know it...my DSL modem kicked the bucket!!  I was stuck.  I couldn't do anything!  I was tired.  I had worked the job outside of the home 1st, run errands when I got off...and I wanted greatly to work on my home business.  Disappointed wouldn't even cover what I was feeling.  Here were a couple of those speed bumps in life and I wasn't handling them well.
I finally just went to bed.  In retrospect, I realize, it was OK to be disappointed, but I shouldn't have been as upset as I was.  This speed bump was to me a message from God letting me know that I needed to rest at some point.  It's so easy to get caught up with our to-do lists and neglect our families and ourselves.
So, I guess what I am really trying to say here is when life throws those speed bumps your way, keep your eyes on God. He is the solution to all of those problems and everything that happens only happens because he allows it to.  He knows what is best and if we will just listen to Him, we will know what direction to go in.
Blessings to you!
Regina
www.watkinsonline.com/rsanders
www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=BT6799

No comments:

Post a Comment