About Me

My photo
I have been married to a wonderful man for 19 years. We were blessed with 2 beautiful daughters who are now teenagers. I homeschool my children and work full time outside of my home. I recently opened my Home Business

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chai Cake

Chai Cake

Ingredients
3 tbsp/45 mL Chai Latte
2/3 cup/160 mL hot water
1 cup/250 mL flour
1-1/2 tsp/7.5 mL Baking Powder
1 tsp/5 mL Purest Ground
Cinnamon 6 oz.
1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Cloves (Ground)
1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Ginger (Tin)
1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Coarse Sea Salt
1/2 cup/125 mL butter or margarine
3/4 cup/180 mL granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp/5 mL Original Double-Strength Vanilla

Chai Glaze
2tbsp/30 mL butter or margarine
1-1/2 cups/375 mL powdered sugar
1 tsp/5 mL Original Double-Strength Vanilla
1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Purest Ground
Cinnamon 6 oz.
Reserved 2 tbsp/30 mL prepared Chai Latte from cake recipe
Grated cinnamon stick (optional)

Cooking Directions
Heat oven to 325°F/170°C. Grease and flour a round cake pan (8"/20 cm). Stir hot water into Chai Latte until blended. Measure 1/2 cup/125 mL for cake and set aside 2 tbsp/30 mL for glaze.

Mix flour, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set aside. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth and blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with 1/2 cup Chai Latte until smooth. Pour into pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread Chai glaze over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.

For glaze, melt butter in 1-quart/litre saucepan over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze on cake. If desired, grate cinnamon on top as garnish.




Hi ladies. I am a Watkins Independent Associate. I have been married 19 years to the same wonderful man. I have 2 beautiful teenage daughters and I have always worked outside of our home. I AM TIRED OF BEING A SLAVE TO AN EMPLOYER! For about a year I researched a lot of home businesses. The Summit Group - Watkins, Inc was the fit I was looking for.

Watkins has been selling products since 1868!! That's a long time! They have good quality products which are natural! The products do not cost any more than what you find in your local grocery and in some cases are cheaper. Watkins had the lowest start up cost I found! You can start your home business with The Summit Group - Watkins, Inc for $39.95 today! For more information visit www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=BT6799. Interested in the ingredients in the recipe above or in other recipes like this? Visit: www.watkinsonline.com/rsanders.

You can also find me on Twitter: and on my blog: . Please come follow me. If you have any questions about The Summit Group-Watkins, Inc just send me a message!

Blessings,

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment